Welcome to People’s Pundit Daily, which is owned and operated by PPD Ventures LLC. (“People’s Pundit Daily,” “PPD,” or “we”). The services offered by People’s Pundit Daily include People’s Pundit Daily and any People’s Pundit Daily branded URL, WAP site and mobile application (collectively, the “Site”), and any other feature, content, or applications offered from time to time by People’s Pundit Daily in connection with PPD Ventures LLC. PPD Ventures LLC is based in the United States and the People’s Pundit Daily Services are hosted in the United States.
Your access to and use of certain People’s Pundit Daily Services may require you to accept additional terms and conditions applicable to such People’s Pundit Daily Services, in addition to this Agreement, and may require you to download Software or Content (each as defined below).
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE “ARBITRATION AGREEMENT” SECTION BELOW CONTAINS PROVISIONS THAT REQUIRE (i) WITH LIMITED EXCEPTIONS, ALL DISPUTES ARISING BETWEEN YOU AND PPD UNDER THIS AGREEMENT BE HANDLED BY ARBITRATION, AND (ii) YOU AND PPD WAIVE THE RIGHT TO BRING OR PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION IN CONNECTION WITH SUCH DISPUTES.
Children under the age of 13 are not authorized to post messages or participate in “Forums” (as defined below) on the Site. All registration information you submit to create an account must be accurate and must be kept updated. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and are responsible for all use of your account. It is therefore critical that you do not share your password with anyone. You agree not to use the account, username, email address or password of another [member or subscriber] at any time. You agree to notify People’s Pundit Daily immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use of, or access to, your account or password.
This Agreement remains in full force and effect while you use the People’s Pundit Daily Services. You may terminate your [account/subscription] on the Site at any time, for any reason, by emailing [email protected], Subject: Terminate My Account. People’s Pundit Daily may terminate your account and/or access to the People’s Pundit Daily Services at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice or explanation, and without liability. Furthermore, even after your user account or access to the People’s Pundit Daily Services is terminated, this Agreement will remain in effect. You agree that your account is non – transferable and any rights to your account terminate upon your death.
You acknowledge that People’s Pundit Daily reserves the right to charge subscription fees for any portion of the People’s Pundit Daily Services. People’s Pundit Daily will provide you with at least 30 days advance notice of any such fees, including any change in the amount of such fees, and a way to cancel your account or subscription in the event you do not wish to pay the modified fee. If you continue to use the People’s Pundit Daily after the subscription fee has been increased, you are expressly agreeing to the increased subscription fee and you will be responsible for paying such subscription fee for the balance of your subscription. If People’s Pundit Daily suspends or terminates your account and/or access to the People’s Pundit Daily Services because you have breached the Agreement or violated Applicable Law, you will not be entitled to a refund of any unused portion of such fees or other payments.
People’s Pundit Daily makes no warranty, and accepts no liability for any loss or damages whatsoever, relating to or in connection with your placement of an order for a Site Product with the Processor. People’s Pundit Daily provides no refunds for purchases you make on the Site. You are solely responsible for any and all transactions utilizing your Personal Financial Information, including, but not limited to, any and all charges. You acknowledge and agree that in the event Processor experiences a data breach that affects your Personal Financial Information, People’s Pundit Daily will in no way be responsible or liable to you for any such breach.
People’s Pundit Daily will not store any record of Personal Financial Information related to purchases or other transactions you make through the People’s Pundit Daily Services. You should therefore maintain records of all your transactions. If you have any questions regarding your transactions or believe that there is an error or unauthorized transaction or activity associated with transactions utilizing your Personal Financial Information, you must contact the Processor.
The People’s Pundit Daily Services contain information, text, files, images, images, video, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, applications, and any other materials or content (collectively, “Content”) of People’s Pundit Daily (“People’s Pundit Daily Content,” or “PPD Content”). People’s Pundit Daily Content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws, and as between you and People’s Pundit Daily , People’s Pundit Daily owns and retains all rights in the People’s Pundit Daily Content and the People’s Pundit Daily Services. People’s Pundit Daily hereby grants you a limited — AND revocable — non-sublicensable license to access and display the People’s Pundit Daily Content (excluding any software code) solely for your personal, non – commercial use in connection with viewing the Site and using the People’s Pundit Daily Services. The People’s Pundit Daily Services may also contain Content of users and other People’s Pundit Daily licensors. Except as provided in this Agreement or as explicitly allowed on the People’s Pundit Daily Services, you may not copy, download, stream capture, reproduce, duplicate, archive, upload, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, retransmit, distribute, perform, display, sell or otherwise use any Content appearing on or through the People’s Pundit Daily Services.
Except as explicitly and expressly permitted by People’s Pundit Daily , you are strictly prohibited from creating works or materials (including but not limited to fonts, icons, link buttons, wallpaper, desktop themes, on – line postcards, montages, mash – ups and similar videos, greeting cards and unlicensed merchandise) that derive from or are based on the People’s Pundit Daily Content. This prohibition applies regardless of whether the derivative works or materials are sold, bartered or given away. You may not either directly or through the use of any device, software, internet site, web – based service or other means remove, later, bypass, avoid interfere with, or circumvent any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices marked on the Content or any digital rights management mechanism, device, or other content protection or access control measure associated with the Content including geo – filtering mechanisms. You may not build a business utilizing the Content, whether or not for profit. Furthermore, you may not create, recreate, distribute or advertise an index of any portion of the Content unless you receive prior written authorization from People’s Pundit Daily. Requests for permission to reproduce or distribute materials found on the Site can be made by contacting People’s Pundit Daily by emailing [email protected], Subject: Use Of Content Request.
The People’s Pundit Daily Services are offered for your personal use only and may not be used for commercial purposes unless you receive prior written authorization from People’s Pundit Daily. People’s Pundit Daily reserves the right to remove commercial content in its sole discretion. You understand that you are responsible for all Content that you post, upload, transmit, email or otherwise make available on, through or in connection with the People’s Pundit Daily Services (collectively, “User Content”). Accordingly, please choose carefully the information that you post on, through or in connection with the People’s Pundit Daily Services. You understand that People’s Pundit Daily does not control the User Content posted by users via the People’s Pundit Daily Services and, as such, you understand you may be exposed to offensive, indecent, inaccurate or otherwise objectionable Content. People’s Pundit Daily assumes no responsibility or liability for this type of Content. If you become aware of misuse of the People’s Pundit Daily Services, please report this immediately to People’s Pundit Daily by emailing [email protected], Subject: Misuse of People’s Pundit Daily Services. People’s Pundit Daily assumes no responsibility for monitoring the People’s Pundit Daily Services for inappropriate Content or conduct. If at any time, People’s Pundit Daily chooses in its sole discretion to monitor the People’s Pundit Daily Services, People’s Pundit Daily nonetheless assumes no responsibility for Content other than People’s Pundit Daily Content, assumes no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate Content, and no responsibility for the conduct of any user.
You agree not to use the People’s Pundit Daily Services to:
– Post, upload or otherwise transmit or link to Content that is: unlawful; threatening; harmful; abusive; pornographic or includes nudity; offensive; harassing; excessively violent; tortuous; defamatory; invasive of another’s privacy, publicity, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, contract or other rights; false or misleading; obscene; vulgar; libelous; hateful; or discriminatory;
– Violate the rights of others including patent, trademark, trademark, trade secret, copyright, privacy, publicity or other proprietary rights;
– Harass or harm another person;
– Exploit or endanger a minor;
– Impersonate or attempt to impersonate any person or entity;
– Introduce or engage in activity that involves the use of viruses, bots, worms, or any other computer code, files or programs that interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment, or otherwise permit the unauthorized use of or access to a computer or a computer network;
– Interfere with, damage, disable, disrupt, impair, create an undue burden on, or gain unauthorized access to the People’s Pundit Daily Services, including People’s Pundit Daily servers, networks or accounts;
– Cover, remove, disable, block or obscure advertisements or other portions of the People’s Pundit Daily Services;
– Use technology or any automated system such as scripts or bots in order to collect usernames, passwords, email addresses or other data from the People’s Pundit Daily Services, or to circumvent or modify any security technology or software that is part of the People’s Pundit Daily Services;
– Send or cause to send (directly or indirectly) unsolicited bulk messages or other unsolicited bulk communications of any kind through the People’s Pundit Daily Services. If you do so, you acknowledge you will have caused substantial harm to People’s Pundit Daily, but that the amount of harm would be extremely difficult to measure. As a reasonable estimation of such harm, you agree to pay People’s Pundit Daily $50 for each actual or intended recipient of such communication;
– Solicit, collect or request any personal information for commercial or unlawful purposes;
– Post, upload or otherwise transmit an image or video of another person without that person’s consent;
– Engage in commercial activity (including but not limited to sales, contests, or sweepstakes) without People’s Pundit Daily prior written consent;
– Use the People’s Pundit Daily Services to advertise or promote competing services;
– Use the People’s Pundit Daily Services in a manner inconsistent with any and all Applicable Law;
– Attempt, facilitate or encourage others to do any of the foregoing.
People’s Pundit Daily reserves the right, but disclaims any obligation or responsibility, to remove User Content that violates this Agreement, as determined by People’s Pundit Daily in its sole discretion. You acknowledge People’s Pundit Daily reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in People’s Pundit Daily’s sole discretion, violates this Agreement, including but not limited to, terminating their user account and/or reporting such User Content, conduct, or activity to law enforcement authorities.
You acknowledge, consent and agree that People’s Pundit Daily may access, preserve or disclose information you provide to the Site, including User Content, when People’s Pundit Daily has a good faith belief that such access, preservation or disclosure is necessary in order to: (i) protect or defend the legal rights or property of People’s Pundit Daily, our parents, subsidiaries or affiliates (“Affiliated Companies”), or their employees, agents and contractors (including enforcement of our agreements); (ii) protect the safety and security of users of the People’s Pundit Daily Services or members of the public including acting in urgent circumstances; (iii) protect against fraud or for risk management purposes; or (iv) comply with the law or legal process.
The Site offers users the ability to post public messages on message boards and forums (“Forums”), which may be open to the public generally, to all members of the Site, or to a select group of members to a specific Forum group. You acknowledge that messages posted on such Forums are public, and People’s Pundit Daily cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose through any Forum; you make such disclosures at your own risk. People’s Pundit Daily is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any information posted on a Forum, and shall not be responsible for any decisions made based on such information. People’s Pundit Daily reserves the right, but disclaims any obligation or responsibility, to prevent you from posting User Content to any Forum and to restrict or remove your User Content from a Forum for any reason at any time.
People’s Pundit Daily does not claim any ownership rights in the User Content that you post, upload, email transmit, or otherwise make available on, through or in connection with the People’s Pundit Daily Services; provided, however, that User Content shall not include any Content posted by a user that is already owned by People’s Pundit Daily or any Affiliated Company. By posting any User Content on, through or in connection with the People’s Pundit Daily Services, you hereby grant to People’s Pundit Daily and our Affiliated Companies, licensees and authorized users, a perpetual, non – exclusive, fully – paid and royalty – free, sublicensable, transferable (in whole or in part), worldwide license to use, modify, excerpt, adapt, create derivative works and compilations based upon, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, and distribute such User Content, including your name, voice, likeness and other personally identifiable information to the extent that such is contained in User Content, anywhere, in any form and on and through all media formats now known or hereafter devised, for any and all purposes including, but not limited to, promotional, marketing, trade or any non-commercial or commercial purposes. Additionally, People’s Pundit Daily is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained within such User Content for any purpose including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing, marketing and providing commercial products and services, including People’s Pundit Daily Services. People’s Pundit Daily’s use of such User Content shall not require any further notice to you and such use shall be without the requirement of any permission from or payment to you or to any other person or entity. People’s Pundit Daily reserves the right to limit the storage capacity of User Content that you post on, through or in connection with the People’s Pundit Daily Services. You hereby appoint People’s Pundit Daily as your agent with full authority to execute any document or take any action, People’s Pundit Daily may consider appropriate in order to confirm the rights granted by you to People’s Pundit Daily in this Agreement.
You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the User Content posted by you on, through or in connection with the People’s Pundit Daily Services, or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth in this Section, and (ii) the posting of User Content by you on, through or in connection with the People’s Pundit Daily Services and Third Party Services does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person or entity. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing any person or entity by reason of the use of any User Content posted by you on or through the People’s Pundit Daily Services or Third Party Services. If you delete your User Content from any People’s Pundit Daily Service, People’s Pundit Daily’s license to such User Content will end after a reasonable period of time necessary for the deletion to take full effect. However, the User Content may be retained in the People’s Pundit Daily back-up copies of the applicable People’s Pundit Daily Service, which are not publicly available. Furthermore, to the extent that People’s Pundit Daily made use of your User Content before you deleted it, People’s Pundit Daily will retain the right to make such pre-existing uses even after your User Content is deleted. You acknowledge that (i) deletion of your User Content from People’s Pundit Daily Services will not result in, and People’s Pundit Daily assumes no responsibility for, the deletion of such User Content by any third-parties who were provided with or had access to such User Content prior to your deleting it from People’s Pundit Daily Services, and (ii) termination of your account or your use of the People’s Pundit Daily Services will not result in the immediate or automatic deletion of your User Content consistent with this Agreement.
People’s Pundit Daily respects the intellectual property of others, and requires that our users do the same. You may not upload, embed, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that infringes any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights of any person or entity. People’s Pundit Daily has a policy of terminating repeat infringers’ access to the People’s Pundit Daily Services in appropriate circumstances.
If you believe that any material residing on or linked to from the Site infringes your copyright, please send People’s Pundit Daily’s Copyright Agent a notification of claimed infringement with all of the following information: (a) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works; (b) identification of the claimed infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material on the People’s Pundit Daily Services (such as the URL(s) of the claimed infringing material); (c) information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address; (d) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; (e) a statement by you that the above information in your notification is accurate and a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that you are the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed or are authorized to act on the owner’s behalf; and (f) your physical or electronic signature. People’s Pundit Daily’s Copyright Agent for notification of claimed infringement can be reached as follows: Legal Department, PPD Ventures LLC, 2939 NW 43rd Avenue, Gainesville, FL 32605; People’s Pundit Daily’s Copyright Agent for notification of claimed infringement can also be reached electronically at [email protected].
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other People’s Pundit Daily users, providers of Third Party Services or any other parties with whom you interact on, through or in connection with the People’s Pundit Daily Services. People’s Pundit Daily reserves the right, but has no obligation, to become involved in any way with these disputes.
The People’s Pundit Daily Services are provided “AS – IS” and “as available” and People’s Pundit Daily does not guarantee or promise any specific results from use of the People’s Pundit Daily Services. People’s Pundit Daily expressly disclaims any warranties and conditions of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non – infringement. In particular, People’s Pundit Daily makes no warranty that your use of the People’s Pundit Daily Services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error – free or that any information obtained by you on, through or in connection with the People’s Pundit Daily Services or Third Party Services (including but not limited to, through User Content or third party advertisements) will be accurate or reliable. Under no circumstances will People’s Pundit Daily be responsible for any loss or damage, including but not limited to, property damage, personal injury or death, resulting from use of the People’s Pundit Daily Services, problems or technical malfunction in connection with use of the People’s Pundit Daily Services, attendance at a People’s Pundit Daily event, any material downloaded or otherwise obtained in connection with the People’s Pundit Daily Services, any User Content, third party advertisement or Third Party Service posted on, through or in connection with the People’s Pundit Daily Services, or the conduct of any users of the People’s Pundit Daily Services, whether online or offline. Your use of User Content, third party advertisements, Third Party Services and the goods or services provided by any third parties is solely your responsibility and at your own risk. User Content, third party advertisements and Third Party Services do not necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of People’s Pundit Daily.
IN NO EVENT WILL PEOPLE’S PUNDIT DAILY BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFIT DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE PEOPLE’S PUNDIT DAILY SERVICES, EVEN IF PEOPLE’S PUNDIT DAILY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, PEOPLE’S PUNDIT DAILY LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO PEOPLE’S PUNDIT DAILY FOR THE PEOPLE’S PUNDIT DAILY SERVICES DURING THE TERM OF YOUR USE OF THE PEOPLE’S PUNDIT DAILY SERVICES. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ANY DAMAGES YOU INCUR ARISING OUT OF PEOPLE’S PUNDIT DAILY’S ACTS OR OMISSIONS OR YOUR USE OF PEOPLE’S PUNDIT DAILY SERVICES ARE NOT IRREPARABLE AND ARE INSUFFICIENT TO ENTITLE YOU TO AN INJUNCTION OR OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF RESTRICTING THE AVAILABILITY OF OR ANY PERSON’S ABILITY TO ACCESS ANY PORTION OF THE PEOPLE’S PUNDIT DAILY SERVICES.
Software available in connection with the People’s Pundit Daily Services (the “Software”) is further subject to United States export controls. No Software may be downloaded from the People’s Pundit Daily Services or otherwise exported or re – exported in violation of U.S. export laws. Downloading or using the Software is at your sole risk.
(1) People’s Pundit Daily, including its People’s Pundit Daily Affiliates, agents, employees, predecessors in interest, successors, and assigns, and you agree that any and all disputes and claims that each of you and People’s Pundit Daily may have against the other that arise out of or relate to the People’s Pundit Daily Services and your use of them, including the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity of this Agreement, including the agreement to arbitrate (the “Arbitration Agreement”) and the scope or applicability of this Arbitration Agreement (collectively, “Disputes”), including but not limited to the arbitrability of any and all Disputes, and even if the events giving rise to Disputes occurred before this Arbitration Agreement became effective, will be resolved in a binding, confidential, individual and fair arbitration process, and not in court. Each of you and People’s Pundit Daily agrees to give up the right to sue in court. Each of you and People’s Pundit Daily also agrees to give up the right to have Disputes heard by a jury and the ability to seek to represent, in a class action or otherwise, anyone but each of you and People’s Pundit Daily (see paragraph 9 of this Arbitration Agreement below). The only exceptions to this Arbitration Agreement are that (i) each of you and People’s Pundit Daily retains the right to sue in small claims court and (ii) each of you and People’s Pundit Daily may bring suit in court against the other to enjoin infringement or other misuse of intellectual property rights.
(2) This Agreement evidences a transaction in interstate commerce, and thus the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. §§ 1-16, governs the interpretation and enforcement of this Arbitration Agreement. This Arbitration Agreement shall survive termination of this Agreement.
(3) Any arbitration between you and People’s Pundit Daily will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association (the “AAA”) and will be governed by the AAA’s Commercial Arbitration Rules and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (collectively, the “AAA Rules”), as modified by this Arbitration Agreement. The AAA Rules are available online at www.adr.org, or by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879. The arbitration will be conducted by a single arbitrator. If you and we cannot agree on who that single arbitrator should be, then the AAA shall appoint an arbitrator with significant experience resolving the type of Dispute at issue. The arbitrator is bound by the terms of this Agreement.
(4) If either you or People’s Pundit Daily wants to arbitrate a Dispute, you or People’s Pundit Daily must first send by mail to the other a written Notice of Dispute (“Notice”) that sets forth the name, address, and contact information of the party giving notice, the specific facts giving rise to the Dispute, the People’s Pundit Daily Service to which the Notice relates, and the relief requested. Your Notice to People’s Pundit Daily must be sent by mail to Arbitration Notice of Dispute, Legal and Business Affairs, 2939 NW 43rd Avenue, Gainesville, FL 32605. People’s Pundit Daily will send any Notice to you at the contact information we have for you or that you provide. It is the sender’s responsibility to ensure that the recipient receives the Notice. During the first 45 days after you or we send a Notice to the other, you and we may try to reach a settlement of the Dispute. If you and we do not resolve the Dispute within those first 45 days, either you or we may initiate arbitration in accordance with the rules and procedures provided for by the AAA. A form for initiating formal arbitration may be found on the AAA’s website at www.adr.org (“Arbitration Form”). In addition to filing this Arbitration Form with AAA in accordance with its rules and procedures, you must send a copy of this completed Arbitration Form to the People’s Pundit Daily at the address listed above to which you sent your Notice of Dispute.
(5) AAA charges fees to conduct arbitrations. Ordinarily, the claimant has to pay that fee to start a case, but if you wish to commence an arbitration against People’s Pundit Daily, and you are seeking to recover less than $10,000 (inclusive of attorneys’ fees), you will not have to pay this filing fee; People’s Pundit Daily will pay it on your behalf. If you are seeking to recover $10,000 or more, you will have to pay the filing fee charged by AAA, but People’s Pundit Daily will not reimburse that fee if you win the arbitration.
(6) If you are seeking to recover $10,000 or less, AAA rules provide that the Dispute should be resolved without a hearing, by submission of documents only. Either you or we may request a hearing, however, and be responsible for the fees associated with it. If the arbitrator recommends a hearing even if neither you nor we request one, People’s Pundit Daily will pay the arbitrator’s fees associated with the hearing. If the claim is for more than $10,000, the manner and place of the hearing will be determined in accordance with the AAA Rules.
(7) Regardless of how the arbitration proceeds, the arbitrator shall issue a reasoned written decision sufficient to explain his or her findings and conclusions.
(8) Each of you and People’s Pundit Daily may incur attorneys’ fees during the arbitration. If People’s Pundit Daily wins the arbitration, you will be responsible for your own attorneys’ fees. In addition, if the arbitrator, at the request of the winning party, finds that the losing party brought a Dispute or asserted a defense frivolously or for an improper purpose, then regardless of the amount in dispute, the arbitrator must order the losing party to pay both sides’ arbitration fees and may order the losing party to pay the winning party&rsquo’s reasonable attorneys’ fees, unless such an award of fees is prohibited by Applicable Law.
(9) The arbitrator may award declaratory or injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party’s individual claim. The arbitrator may not order People’s Pundit Daily to pay any monies to or take any actions with respect to persons other than you, unless People’s Pundit Daily explicitly consents in advance, after an arbitrator is selected, to permit the arbitrator to enter such an order. YOU AND People’s Pundit Daily AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS, REPRESENTATIVE OR MULTI-CLAIMANT PROCEEDING. Further, unless People’s Pundit Daily agrees, the arbitrator may not consolidate other persons’ claims with yours, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative, multi-claimant or class proceeding. If this specific provision is found to be unenforceable, then the entirety of this Arbitration Agreement shall be null and void, but the rest of this Agreement, including the provisions governing where actions against People’s Pundit Daily must be pursued, will remain in effect.
(10) You and People’s Pundit Daily agree to maintain the confidential nature of the arbitration proceeding and shall not disclose the fact of the arbitration, any documents exchanged as part of any mediation, proceedings of the arbitration, the arbitrator’s decision and the existence or amount of any award, except as may be necessary to prepare for or conduct the arbitration (in which case anyone becoming privy to confidential information must undertake to preserve its confidentiality), or except as may be necessary in connection with a court application for a provisional remedy, a judicial challenge to an award or its enforcement, or unless otherwise required by law or court order.
This Agreement will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Florida, without regard to its conflict of law provisions. Except with respect to Disputes to be resolved through an arbitration process in accordance with the Arbitration Agreement contained above, you and People’s Pundit Daily agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in Florida to resolve any dispute arising out of this Agreement or the People’s Pundit Daily Services. YOU HEREBY KNOWINGLY, VOLUNTARILY AND INTENTIONALLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT YOU MAY HAVE TO A TRIAL BY JURY IN RESPECT OF ANY LITIGATION (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS, COUNTERCLAIMS, CROSS – CLAIMS, OR THIRD PARTY CLAIMS) ARISING OUT OF, UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT.
YOU AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION YOU MAY HAVE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE PEOPLE’S PUNDIT DAILY SERVICES MUST BE COMMENCED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. AFTER SUCH PERIOD, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION SHALL BE PERMANENTLY BARRED.
You agree to indemnify and hold People’s Pundit Daily, its Affiliated Companies, subcontractors and other partners, and their respective officers, agents, partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Site or the People’s Pundit Daily Services, your breach of this Agreement, your violation of any rights of another or any Content that you post or otherwise submit on, through or in connection with the People’s Pundit Daily Services.
People’s Pundit Daily does not knowingly accept, via the People’s Pundit Daily Services or otherwise, unsolicited submissions including, without limitation, submissions of books, programming ideas, blog ideas, articles, scripts, story lines, fan fiction, characters, drawings, information, suggestions, proposals, ideas or concepts. People’s Pundit Daily’s policy is to simply delete any such submission without reading it or forwarding it to other People’s Pundit Daily staff or staff of its Affiliated Companies. Therefore, any similarity between an unsolicited submission and any elements in any People’s Pundit Daily or Affiliated Company creative work including, without limitation, a program, film, series, story, title or concept would be purely coincidental. If unsolicited submissions are sent to People’s Pundit Daily via the People’s Pundit Daily Services (including but not limited to any public forum), however, such submissions and copyright become the property of People’s Pundit Daily and may be used, copied, sublicensed, adapted, transmitted, distributed, publicly performed, published, displayed or deleted as People’s Pundit Daily sees fit. You agree that you are not entitled to any compensation, credit or notice whatsoever and that by sending an unsolicited submission you waive the right to make any claim against People’s Pundit Daily or Affiliated Company relating to unsolicited submissions, including, without limitation, unfair competition, breach of implied contract or breach of confidentiality.
People’s Pundit Daily, PPD, PPD News, the People’s Pundit Daily logo, the PPD logo, the PPD Politics logo, and the PPD Business logo are trademarks of People’s Pundit Daily; “MAKING SENSE OF CURRENT EVENTS” are trademarks of PPD Ventures, L.L.C., and all other trademarks, service marks and trade names used in the Site are the property of their respective owners, and all of the above and below trademarks may not be copied, downloaded or otherwise exploited without the prior written permission of People’s Pundit Daily or the owner of such trademark, service mark or trade name, except as explicitly permitted in this Agreement.
The failure of People’s Pundit Daily to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement will not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The Section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. This Agreement operates to the fullest extent permissible by law. If any provision of this Agreement is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision is deemed severable from this Agreement and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
You agree that any notices People’s Pundit Daily may be required by Applicable Law to send to you will be effective upon People’s Pundit Daily’s sending an e-mail message to the e-mail address you have on file with People’s Pundit Daily or publishing such notices on the informational page(s) of People’s Pundit Daily Services.
You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and People’s Pundit Daily as a result of this Agreement or your use of the People’s Pundit Daily Services. A printed version of this Agreement and of any notice related to it shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this Agreement to the same extent as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
Nothing contained in this Agreement limits People’s Pundit Daily’s right to comply with governmental, court and law enforcement requests or requirements relating to your use of the People’s Pundit Daily Services or information provided to or gathered by us in connection with such use.