White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci has resigned after only 10 full days on the job, a demand made by the new Chief of Staff John Kelly.
General Kelly, who was nominated and confirmed to serve as the Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), wanted Mr. Scaramucci removed from his new role because he did not think he was disciplined.
Last Thursday, Mr. Scaramucci, believing the conversation was off-the-record, called Reince Priebus a “paranoid schizophrenic” among other things in a foul-mouthed rant. General Kelly replaced Mr. Priebus in a shake up that now includes the man brought in to shake things up.
Mr. Scaramucci said he “made a mistake in trusting in a reporter” at The New Yorker and said it “won’t happen again.”
No, it sure won’t.
“Anthony Scaramucci will be leaving his role as White House Communications Director,” White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said in a statement. “Mr. Scaramucci felt it was best to give Chief of Staff John Kelly a clean slate and the ability to build his own team. We wish him all the best.”
He is the third White House Communications Director to serve and leave the post, which had been vacant since late May. Mike Dubke, rumored to have been a leaker, left after only three months on the job. Sean Spicer, the former White House Press Secretary, took over as communications director role before he resigned when Mr. Scaramucci was hired on July 21.