In Gettysburg on Saturday, Donald Trump laid out a “contract with the America voter,” a six-point plan to restore accountability and take on corruption in Washington, D.C. The Republican presidential candidate called the proposal his “100-day action plan to Make America Great Again,” including a 10-point legislative agenda that “begins with restoring honesty, accountability and change to Washington.”
“I’m not a politician, and have never wanted to be one. But when I saw the trouble our country was in, I knew I couldn’t stand by and watch any longer. Our country has been so good to me, I love our country, I felt I had to act,” he said in his address at The Eisenhower Complex. “Change has to come from outside this broken system. The fact that the Washington establishment has tried so hard to stop our campaign is only more proof that our campaign represents the kind of change that only arrives once in a lifetime.”
Before laying out the details of the plan and his legislative proposals, he briefly addressed what he called an assault by a corrupt Big Media. Mr. Trump asked voters to ignore their attempt to depress voter turnout and preserve the status quo by helping to elect a Wall Street- and Washington-preferred status quo candidate over an agent of change.
“I am asking the American people to rise above the noise and the clutter of our broken politics, and to embrace that great faith and optimism that has always been the central ingredient in the American character,” said Mr. Trump. “I am asking you to dream big.”
The 100-day plan focuses on taking six actions against corruption, seven to protect American workers, and five to restore security and the constitutional rule of law. The 10-point legislative agenda aims to ensure that America’s economy is revitalized and citizens are protected.
Former Republican Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich said the “Gettysburg speech will be the most decisive break with the corrupt establishment in modern times. He is detailed and decisive.” Mr. Gingrich knows a thing or two about making contracts with the American people, which is how he engineered the first Republican takeover of the House of Representatives in decades during the 1990s.
“Hillary Clinton isn’t running against me,” Mr. Trump said. “She is running against change. She is running against you, the American people.”
Mr. Trump’s “Contract with the American Voter” and comments, with added commentary from PPD, are broken down below in full.
CORRUPTION AND SPECIAL INTEREST COLLUSION
- FIRST, propose a Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress;
- SECOND, a hiring freeze on all federal employees to reduce federal workforce through attrition (exempting military, public safety, and public health);
- THIRD, a requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated;
- FOURTH, a 5 year-ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service;
- FIFTH, a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government;
- SIXTH, a complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections.
While most Republican candidates focus on what the economic impact of government regulations can be on small businesses, rarely have they spoken about how they are used by special interest to gain a competitive advantage over those who cannot afford lobbyists. He said his plan would add a requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated.
ACTIONS TO PROTECT AMERICAN WORKERS
- FIRST, I will announce my intention to renegotiate NAFTA or withdraw from the deal under Article 2205
- SECOND, I will announce our withdrawal from the Trans-Pacific Partnership
- THIRD, I will direct my Secretary of the Treasury to label China a currency manipulator
- FOURTH, I will direct the Secretary of Commerce and U.S. Trade Representative to identify all foreign trading abuses that unfairly impact American workers and direct them to use every tool under American and international law to end those abuses immediately
- FIFTH, I will lift the restrictions on the production of $50 trillion dollars’ worth of job-producing American energy reserves, including shale, oil, natural gas and clean coal.
- SIXTH, lift the Obama-Clinton roadblocks and allow vital energy infrastructure projects, like the Keystone Pipeline, to move forward
- SEVENTH, cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs and use the money to fix America’s water and environmental infrastructure
While Mrs. Clinton said she now supports Mr. Trump’s intention to renegotiate NAFTA, she asked donors to imagine how much they would profit if she doubled trade under the agreement. According to her Wall Street speech transcripts leaked by the anti-secrecy group WikiLeaks, she praised TPP and said her “dream” was to have “open borders” and open trade” on the American continents.
“We have enormous environmental blocks, structural blocs,” he said regarding bureaucratic regulations. “We’re going to fix our own environment.”
5 ACTIONS To RESTORE SECURITY & CONSTITUTIONAL RULE OF LAW
- FIRST, cancel every unconstitutional executive action, memorandum and order issued by President Obama
- SECOND, begin the process of selecting a replacement for Justice Scalia from one of the 20 judges on my list, who will uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States
- THIRD, cancel all federal funding to Sanctuary Cities
- FOURTH, begin removing the more than 2 million criminal illegal immigrants from the country and cancel visas to foreign countries that won’t take them back
- FIFTH, suspend immigration from terror-prone regions where vetting cannot safely occur. All vetting of people coming into our country will be considered extreme vetting.
As People’s Pundit Daily has previously reported, American voters overwhelmingly support Mr. Trump’s proposals on sanctuary cities and refugee resettlement. Mrs. Clinton plans to increase the number of Syrian refugees into the country by 550%, though according to a leaked transcript of her Wall Street speeches, she told donors there are no safe measures to vet refugees.
LEGISLATIVE MEASURES WITHIN THE FIRST 100 DAYS
1. Middle Class Tax Relief And Simplification Act. An economic plan designed to grow the economy 4% per year and create at least 25 million new jobs through massive tax reduction and simplification, in combination with trade reform, regulatory relief, and lifting the restrictions on American energy. The largest tax reductions are for the middle class. A middle-class family with 2 children will get a 35% tax cut. The current number of brackets will be reduced from 7 to 3, and tax forms will likewise be greatly simplified. The business rate will be lowered from 35 to 15 percent, and the trillions of dollars of American corporate money overseas can now be brought back at a 10 percent rate.
2. End The Offshoring Act Establishes tariffs to discourage companies from laying off their workers in order to relocate in other countries and ship their products back to the U.S. tax-free.
3. American Energy & Infrastructure Act. Leverages public-private partnerships, and private investments through tax incentives, to spur $1 trillion in infrastructure investment over 10 years. It is revenue neutral.
4. School Choice And Education Opportunity Act. Redirects education dollars to gives parents the right to send their kid to the public, private, charter, magnet, religious or home school of their choice. Ends common core, brings education supervision to local communities. It expands vocational and technical education, and make 2 and 4-year college more affordable.
5. Repeal and Replace Obamacare Act. Fully repeals Obamacare and replaces it with Health Savings Accounts, the ability to purchase health insurance across state lines, and lets states manage Medicaid funds. Reforms will also include cutting the red tape at the FDA: there are over 4,000 drugs awaiting approval, and we especially want to speed the approval of life-saving medications.
6. Affordable Childcare and Eldercare Act. Allows Americans to deduct childcare and elder care from their taxes, incentivizes employers to provide on-side childcare services, and creates tax-free Dependent Care Savings Accounts for both young and elderly dependents, with matching contributions for low-income families.
7. End Illegal Immigration Act Fully-funds the construction of a wall on our southern border with the full understanding that the country Mexico will be reimbursing the United States for the full cost of such wall; establishes a 2-year mandatory minimum federal prison sentence for illegally re-entering the U.S. after a previous deportation, and a 5-year mandatory minimum for illegally re-entering for those with felony convictions, multiple misdemeanor convictions or two or more prior deportations; also reforms visa rules to enhance penalties for overstaying and to ensure open jobs are offered to American workers first.
8. Restoring Community Safety Act. Reduces surging crime, drugs and violence by creating a Task Force On Violent Crime and increasing funding for programs that train and assist local police; increases resources for federal law enforcement agencies and federal prosecutors to dismantle criminal gangs and put violent offenders behind bars.
9. Restoring National Security Act. Rebuilds our military by eliminating the defense sequester and expanding military investment; provides Veterans with the ability to receive public VA treatment or attend the private doctor of their choice; protects our vital infrastructure from cyber-attack; establishes new screening procedures for immigration to ensure those who are admitted to our country support our people and our values
10. Clean up Corruption in Washington Act. Enacts new ethics reforms to Drain the Swamp and reduce the corrupting influence of special interests on our politics.
“On November 8th, Americans will be voting on this 100 day plan to restore security and honesty to government,” he said in closing. “This is my pledge to you and if we follow these steps, we will once more have a government of, by, and for the people.”